FurnaceProperly maintained furnaces are very safe to use. However, with a repeated heating process involving fuel and flame, problems always can occur. Prevent any potential furnace issue by following these safety tips.
- Make sure there’s proper ventilation. Talk to our experts to address your ventilation needs.
- Schedule annual furnace maintenance or as advised in the user’s manual.
- Clear the area around the furnace to avoid fire and allow proper airflow.
- Install CO alarms throughout the house for maximum safety.
Space HeaterWhether you’re using a gas or electric space heater at home, it’s important that you know how to use it safely. Space heaters are commonly used as a supplemental heating device that’s why they are designed to be used anywhere. Here are some pointers to note when using this device.
- Position the heater on a flat and solid surface.
- Plug the heater directly to a power source. Never use extension cords.
- Check the heater cords periodically for damaged and exposed wires. Discontinue use if you see any damage.
- Do not attempt to use electric heaters in wet or damp areas like the bathroom.
- For gas space heaters, use fuel that is advised by the manufacturer.
Fireplace & Wood-Burning StoveIf your home relies on fireplaces or wood-burning stove, make sure to keep these safety tips that concern these heating systems.
- Don’t leave the fire unattended.
- Clean your chimney as often as possible.
- Don’t burn garbage (any type) in the fireplace.
- Always be on guard for children playing around the gas stove or fireplace.
- Keep any flammable stuff away from all heating equipment.