It’s not every day that you ask, “how much heating oil will I use throughout the cold season?”, “does my furnace tank have enough fuel?” This winter, all homeowners in Grand Prairie, TX should make sure that there is an adequate amount of heating oil in their furnace tank. Want to learn how to calculate your heating oil consumption? Check out this guide for information. Monthly Heating Oil Costs Calculation: Gallons & Average Usage Many factors can affect your monthly heating oil consumption including your lifestyle, room temperature settings, the age of your heating system and maintenance. But, making calculations can be as easy as these guidelines below.
- Check the manufacturer’s plate on the burner
- Look into your previous heating-oil bills
- Refer to the average gallon consumption of oil-burning furnace per hour
- Invest in high-quality fuel oil.
- Get annual furnace check-ups and maintenance. Clean the filters, nozzles, burner, and other essential parts of the furnace as often as possible.
- Buy smart thermostats to help you control your fuel oil usage.
- Reinforce your home insulation.
- Test for drafts and always check for air leaks.
- Don’t forget to lower the temperature of your thermostat when you are not at home or before bedtime.